Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Holy Crap!


I called two "luxury" services (not with serious intent) that pick up and deliver sports equipment like golf clubs and bicycles to vacation destinations. To guarantee delivery on 9/28 to my hotel in San Diego, I would have to have (had) everything packed and ready for pickup today (Argh!). Furthermore, It wound cost 350 bucks! and that's for the budget luxury service -- Holy Crap!



I called the hotel and made sure they would recieve my equipment for my stay - they said no problem. I have to do some last minute work to the bike: lube and cleaning of the bike. Also, I planned to put on new tires and tubes, a new cassette and chain. I can't get the parts til wed.


I should be able to pack up the bike thurs w/ some of my camping gear. I called fedex to check on packing restrictions... no sweat w/ bike box and approx weight of eighty pounds. To guarantee delivery I must have it to them by mon morning. I plan to get it to Fedex this Friday afternoon. Estimated costs (w/insurance) is $150... So much for luxury services...


Looks like I'll be slumming around on my old Trek after wed.


Showtime is close...

2 comments:

Shelley Miles said...

Where do you manage to find these pictures? Gosh - this is really gonna happen. I'm nervous and excited for you. You've thought of everything, right? Cuz we can always get Dad on the phone...

glassburn said...

no sweat Shell
one can never think of everything, but i've thought of everything I could...
you're a great sister!