Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Southern Transcontinental Bicycle Route


This ride begins in Sandiego and ends in Saint Augustine. It is approximately 3200 miles. It passes through California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Florida.
My bike and some camping gear was shipped to the Days Inn Seaworld (which is approx 1 mile from start). I depart from Yaeger airport Sat morning @6:40am. I hope to arrive in my hotel room about 1:00pm (CA time).
I'm planning to install a new chain after reassembling my bike. I hope to give it a brief test run that evening. I'll go through all my stuff and pack it up and then try to sleep. I should depart the next morning after a really huge breakfast.

1 comment:

Shelley Miles said...

It's helpful to see your route - will follow along in a road atlas. Looking at it makes my legs hurt...