Friday, October 26, 2007

Balstrop to navasota, texas

119 miles... Dang!
I wanted to get as far away from yesterday as possible.
I encountered everything that makes up the best and worst of riding. Great road, bad roads, good and mean drivers, beautiful back roads, nice farms, cramped urban roadways, hills, flats, headwinds, tailwinds...
Tonight i'm camped behind some rolled up bales of hay. The cows griped at first, but now they seem to accept me...
All in all I rate today's ride one and one-half arms up...
( picture of Jesus with one arm up and one halfway up )

1 comment:

John Asseff said...

Scott, this is your neighbor, John. I have never posted to a blog before so i hope this is right. Man, i think your trip is way cool!!! Very inspiring!!! Ruth was telling me about it today and the pictures on your blog, they are each worth a 1000 words. It may so sound kind of corny but I actually wept, briefly and joyfully, at one of your pictures and the comments you made about it. Keep it up! I will be checking your blog regularly. Your trip reminds me of my adventurous day and encourages me to get back to them again. Thanks for what you are doing!!!