Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bike maintenance

Last evening was very helpful to take stock of my bikes condition. I've put in 3500 mi on my tires. The chain and cassette are still practically new. I've ridden 883.5 miles so far ... Approx 2400 mi. to go.
Anyway, last evenings tire fix was easy enough. I replaced my worn tire and patched the puncture on the tube. I put on a fresh tire and tube. Then I clean and lubed the chain and deraliers. I tuned the shifters and adjusted the brakes.
Had I not received help from a kind stranger in getting this room, I would have simply and hastily patched my tire.
With Emory pass (8500 feet) looming and some hard climbs and descents ahead... This has Been a true blessing.
I'm getting a late relaxed start, but with a fresh recuperated body and bike.

No comments: