Thursday, October 4, 2007

I made it beyond Hope

I am told by the locals that it is unseasonably warm. There are exactly three locals that live along the twenty mile stretch between Brenda, Az (pop 25) and Hope, Az (pop 15). I found myself exactly in between feeling a bit hot when I checked my handy-dandy Coleman thermometer. It read 110 degrees (look at the picture). Also, I was ten miles from brenda and ten miles from hope. I made it beyond hope to a convenience store. I got a large soda that was almost all ice.
In case you are wondering, I carry 4 24oz water bottles and 2 1 liter bottles. I also carry powdered gatorade - which I mix diluted to half strength.
So, even though despair lies between brenda and hope, faith takes us beyond hope...

3 comments:

lynnie said...

Regardless of your fluid consumption....who the hell is Faith?

lynnie said...

P.S. For viewers...zoom in on the pic of the map...Jesus is hangin by a 'twist-tie' off Scott's front bike pack....

Shelley Miles said...

I'm impressed with your logistical set-up - no more 10 mile circles, right?