Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Troy from dallas

This is troy. He and I crossed paths twice today between el paso and sierra blanca.
Troy had to bury his father last year ... and his grave is in silver city, nm. It's the one year anniversary of his passing - so troy decided to bike from dallas to silver city to visit his father's grave.
I was touched by troy's humility. His journey to visit his fathers resting place is a loving tribute. I hope it was a healing time for him. I'm sure his father is smiling.

1 comment:

lynnie said...

Yeah Troy!Wish he could know we have tears in our eyes for him. He looks like a 'hands on' man with a smile on his face for his dad. Good talkin to you today Scottie. (Scottie has an ear piece telphone -headphone/mic phone set- we talked today for 5 miles....I felt like I was riding next to him). Whatta think the locals thought of some sweaty biker dude 'talkin to HIMSELF' while ridin his bike might stir up at the local bingo gathering?