Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pine ridge estates and rv park in deridder la

I enjoyed a nice respite here. I pulled in at 6:00 after a good days ride. It was a very nice evening. I was greeted by Alan, the park superintendent. I asked if I could pitch a tent somewhere. Alan went way above the call to find me a nice spot by the rest rooms. Alan was the kindest superintendent I have ever met. He was worried that I might get cold, so he told me to feel free to set up in an empty cleaned out storage area inside. I was fine in my tent, however.
I set up camp and cooked up some junk. I enjoyed the cool evening. The park was very clean. Children were playing and running along the tree lined fringes of the park. Parents and friends were gathered outside ... Some were grilling dinner... Others just visiting after arriving home from work. The sun was setting, children were laughing, adults were communing. A huge belly laugh erupted from a man as one of the younger kids presumably got the best of his older brother....
It was all so beautiful...
The next morning I awoke to the sounds of children whispering outside my tent. It was still dark and they were on their way to the school bus stop. apparently they were arguing about whether or not anyone was sleeping in the tent... I quietly unzipped about 6 inches of the tent fly so my eyes would show and I growled, '' Yummy! Children! ''
They freaked... It was great...

No comments: