Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Black jack pass, az to silver city, nm

I camped out at 6300ft. I had a rough time starting... I think I was spent from the climb the evening before. I called andy, he camped at the base of the mountain 12 miles back. He told me not to wait.
After passing the new mexico border, I descended about 1500 feet into buckhorn, nm. the descent went through some beautiful pine forests- the first trees i've seen since san diego.
Nice riding untill just outside silver city. I got my first flat of the trip. I had a spare, but it was getting dark.
A kind gentleman from outside silver city, tom hayes, was kind enough to give me a lift into town. he was further kind enough to get me a room at a local super8 motel. I tried to refuse, but he insisted and said that such acts are what we are here for...
Yes, indeed...
bless someone today...
Pay it forward.

No comments: