Friday, October 5, 2007

This looked like a great place to pitch a tent

They said I couldn't, but they made me feel real good about myself anyway.
I am just outside of phoenix. I biked 88 very hard miles ... Much with strong sideways gusts that seemed to want to push me into traffic. I've gone 410 total miles so far.
I started in an rv park in between salome and wenden. The couple that ran the place were very nice. I forget their last names, but they were farmers in bloomington ill before moving to az. I'll upload a picture of dan in his prized 1943 jeep.
I was given access to a kitchenette and bathroom. This morning when I got up, I wanted to make some coffee. My coffee was packed, so I was going to use some of theirs that was in the freezer. I opened the folgers container and found a coiled up frozen rattle snake. ... No kidding... I decided that I didn't need coffee after that...

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That would've really squicked me out. Creepy!